Completion Certificates are provided upon near completion of the building. One may be able to obtain a completion certificate upon satisfaction of the following requirements:
- The building must be constructed in full accordance with the approved/ amended plans.
- Concrete drains and aprons must be laid around the building.
- All plumbing fixtures and sewage disposal system must be completed.
- All floors finishing e.g tiling of bathrooms must be completed.
- Ceiling and walls finishes must be completed. This includes painting.
- All doors, windows must be installed.
- All safety devices including handrails must be installed.
- Any structure on the site which has been designated for demolition must be removed.
- Damaged roadways are to be restored to its original condition by the owner/ applicant prior to the granting of a Completion Certificate.
The prescribed forms required to apply for a Completion certificate can be obtained from the Buildings Department located at the Corporations.
Upon submission, the forms must be accompanied by a copy of the approved plan. Also where applicable the following must also be submitted:
- A W.A.S.A completion certificate ( sewered areas).
- A Fire Certificate (commercial buildings).
- Electrical Certificate.
- Structural Integrity Report (structural steel building, commercial building, multi-family building).
- Letter from the Factory Inspectorate/ Environmental Management Authority (E.M.A) (commercial buildings).