Objective of the Department
To conduct a fair procurement process for accountability, transparency, integrity and value for money
Role and Responsibilities
- Receives Bid Packages from departments;
- Selects a method of Tendering – Assesses bid packages and distinguishes between Central Tenders Board, Special Ministerial tenders Committee, Regional Tenders Committee or Chief Executive Officer’s Award.
- Invites Quotation – Prepare Tender Notice and Packages for interested contractors.
- Open Tenders
- Ensures that Conditions of Contracts are carried out
- Preparation of Agreement
- Liaises with Central Tenders Board
- Prepare & submit a quarterly return of contracts to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government.
- Review new Contractors applications and forward to the Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government for approval.
- File all tenders documents and contractor applications etc.