Objective of the Department
To provide Human Resource Functions for the Daily-Rated employees of the Corporation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Has responsibility for maintaining the records of the daily-paid establishment including record of service, seniority lists, processing of leaves, filling of vacant and acting positions.
- The administering of the Collective Agreement (JNC) on behalf of all the daily rated employees of the Corporation.
- Responsible for the recruitment of daily rated workers whenever the need arises;
- Resolution of any grievances which may arise with respect to the terms and conditions of employment of employees of the Corporation.
- Interfaces with stakeholders such as the Council, the Chief Personnel Officer, the National Union of Government Federated Workers (NUGFW) and the Ministry of Local Government in order to foster a good industrial relations climate.