Objective of the Department
To ensure that all materials and supplies are of the highest quality and that they are in sync with our purchase orders, issuing receipts and in keeping with our mandate.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining all accounting records of the Corporation;
- Conducts the financial transactions of income revenue and expenditure in accordance with the Exchequer and Audit Ordinance (inclusive of the Financial Regulations and Financial Instructions)
- Processes for payment all approved vouchers for goods and services procured by the Corporation;
- Ensures that daily paid staff is paid fortnightly;
- Accounts for revenue received and paid and undertakes all the day to day accounting matters;
- Responsible for the administration of the market and abattoir within the municipality, in addition to the Corporation’s Stores.